What We Do
This project is carrying out by UEICT, Synopsys Armenia, Unicomp, VivaCell MTS and Ministry of Education and Science of RA. The main goals of the project are:
- Use technology education to master information tools and to shape a mindset.
- Help school students in their professional orientation introducing them the ICT role in the scientific and technological developments in the world.
- ICT as an ample opportunity to raise the quality, availability and significance of education.
The project realized by implementing new subjects, such as Information Technologies, Microelectronics and Basics of Telecommunication in high schools.
The components of the project are:
- Curriculum development
- Computer lubs equipment (network, software, servers, computers, etc.)
- Teachers’ training
The expected outcomes are:
- Up-to-date technology education at schools
- Professionally oriented, competitive, motivated students in possession of knowledge, skills and abilities
- Program expansion to all high schools of Armenia by 2025
This project started in 2015 and already implemented in 10 schools of Armenia:
- “Photon” college (Gyumri),
- “Quantum” college,
- Vanadzor school with in-depth learning of mathematics and natural sciences,
- Yerevan high-school of the NPUA,
- Physics and mathematics specialized school after Artashes Shahinyan
- Mkhitar Sebastatsi educational complex,
- 198 high school,
- NPUA Gyumri branch high school,
- #105 high school,
- “USMUNQ” school of Armenian-Russian (Slavonic) university