What We Do
In order to promote high technology development throughout Armenia, the Union of Employers of ICT in cooperation with EIF has been establishing regional centers since 2019. This initiative is also implemented within the Memorandum of Understanding signed on December 7, 2018 in Gyumri among UEICT, EIF, IA and RA Ministry of High-tech Industry.
It is planned to create regional centers in the following cities: Gyumri, Vanadzor, Gavar. Later, it is planned to establish similar centers in all regions of Armenia.
The main goal of the regional centers is to consolidate regional ICT and affiliated organizations, to develop cooperation among organizations and to promote the effectiveness of related sectors through the use of ICT tools. Regional centers will carry out many regional development programs and other initiatives together with other members of the UEICT. The regional centers will independently manage the budget of regional membership fees.
The main objectives of regional centers are:
– ICT companies community formation, strengthening and enhancement;
– Development of regional entrepreneurship in ICT sector and promotion of establishment of new organizations;
– Implementation of joint programs between regions and Yerevan;
– Integration of regional organizations in Armenian and international markets.
Advantages of joining UEICT:
– Integration with Armenian and international ICT community;
– Involvement in projects implemented by the Union;
– Advocacy in legislative and legal field;
– Involvement in the educational process;
– Mutually beneficial cooperation among Union members
– Representation on international platforms.