In the frames of a program declared by the Ministry of High-Tech Industry of the Republic of Armenia, The Union of Employers of Information and Communication Technologies with co-financing has been implementing the course of Cybersecurity for three years.
7th floor of the 9th building of NPUA, Smart Solutions interuniversity center
About the course
UEICT with co-financing is implementing the Cybersecurity course for 70 participants, which will provide basic knowledge and skills in all spheres of Cybersecurity such as information security, systems security, network security, mobile devices security, physical security, ethical and legal requirements, methods and techniques ensuring business information security as well as mitigation of consequences of incidents.
Students who complete the course will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of cybersecurity world criminals and experts
- Describe how the principles of confidentiality, integrity and accessibility relate to data statuses and means of countering cybersecurity threats
- Describe the tactics, methods, and procedures used by cybercriminals
- Describe how technologies, products, and procedures are used to protect privacy
- Describe how technologies, products, and procedures are used to ensure the integrity
- Describe how technologies, products and procedures ensure high accessibility
- Explain how cybersecurity professionals use technologies, processes and procedures to maintain all network components
- Explain the purpose of cybersecurity law.
The program is open to those citizens of the Republic of Armenia who will successfully undergo the admission procedure and will meet the objectives of the program.
The target groups of the program are:
- Specialists in the high-tech sector
- Participants in the Artsakh wars (all the courses will be free for all the participants who have assed the admission procedure)
- Anybody, who has the necessary knowledge of the sphere.
To participate in the course, the applicant must have the necessary minimum knowledge and skills:
- Computer skills
- TCP-IP, DNS, DHCP, Routing, Switching, Linux, Windows
- Basic knowledge of network technologies
- Knowledge of Operating Systems
- Knowledge of The Internet functions
- Intermediate level of English
Before the start of the course, the applicants’ knowledge will be assessed through an online test. Applicants who have passed the test will be invited for an interview.
The online admission test will consist of 26 questions (18 in Armenian and 8 in English). Preference will be given to the participants with more than 60% of test results. At least one of the English questions must be completed correctly.
The courses are co-financed. The Government will cover part of the fee, which will depend on the results of admission and final exams. (see the table below).
Tuition Fee – 260,000 AMD
After passing the selection stage, the participant pays 50% (130,000) of the course fee, regardless of the result of the entrance exam. After passing the final exam of the course, the cost of the course will be recalculated.
For the participants of the Artsakh wars, who will successfully undergo the admission procedure, the courses will be free. The fee paid by the student will be compensated by the course implementing company.
The course is held:
- 2 months (27 classes)
- Three times a week
- Duration of each class is 2 hours
- The time: 19:00-21:00
The Cybersecurity programming course will be conducted 3 times a week (27 lessons, 2 hours each). The group will consist of a maximum of 25 students.
The course will consist of theoretical and practical parts:
- The theoretical part will make up 54% of the total course
- The practical part will make up 46% of the total course
The courses will be conducted offline. The Cisco Networking Academy platform will be used for the final exam, which allows you to automatically check and evaluate the solved tasks.
Please be informed that the applicant will be expelled from the course:
- In case of 9 absences,
- In case of not paying 50% of the total amount of the course within 5 working days after signing the contract.
At the end of the course, students will take an online exam/test, which will test both theoretical knowledge and practical skills gained throughout the course. The pass mark is 50%.
The course price amount paid by the Government
The Cybersecurity course will be conducted with co-financing. The Government will finance a part of the course price based on a participant’s final exam score. (See the scale below):
0 – 50% result
Yerevan – 30%
Regions – 40%
51% – 76% result
Yerevan – 50%
Regions – 60%
76% – 100% result
Yerevan – 70%
Regions – 80%
*For Artsakh wars participants who will successfully pass the admission procedure, the courses will be free. The price paid by the student will be compensated by the organization conducting the course.
For enrolling in the course:
For taking mock exam:
Senior System Administrator
Chief Information Security Officer