Cybersecurity online course
Within the framework of the grant program announced by the Ministry of HTI of the Republic of Armenia, the Union of Employers of Information and Communication Technologies is co-financing the Cybersecurity course, which is completely free of charge for the participants.
Ministry of HTI
About the Project
The Union of Employers of ICT co-sponsored a two-phase Cybersecurity course for 125 participants lasting for 3 months. The first stage of the course consists of 8 lessons, and the second of 29 lessons, with duration of 3 hours each.
In the first stage the participants learn:
- Describe the basics of online operations safety
- Describe the different types of online attacks and malware
- Describe the means used by organizations to counter attacks
- Understand career opportunities in cybersecurity sphere
In the second stage:
- Describe the characteristics of the world cybersecurity criminals and experts
- Describe how the principles of confidentiality, integrity and accessibility relate to data statuses and means of cybersecurity counterattacks
- Describe the tactics, methods, and procedures used by the cybercriminals
- Describe how technologies, products and procedures are used to protect privacy
- Describe how technologies, products and procedures are used to ensure integrity
- Describe how technologies, products and procedures ensure high availability;
- Explain how cybersecurity professionals use technologies, processes, and procedures to protect all network components.
- Explain the purpose of cybersecurity laws.
At the end of the course the participants will be provided with:
- Graduation Certificate (in case of positive test result: 70% and more points)
- Participation Certificate (in case of negative test result: less than 70% of the points)
Courses are conducted online, through licensed Webex software, twice a week. The Webex platform is also used for daily communication between the other participants of the course and the lecturer. The Cisco Networking Academy platform is used for homework testing.
The program is open to citizens living in the Republic of Armenia and in the Republic of Artsakh (18 years old people from Yerevan, and 16 years old people from the regions of Armenia and Artsakh), who will pass the course admission procedure and will correspond to the purpose of the program.
The target groups of the project are:
- Participants who suffered from Covid-19 (vulnerable groups from tourism, service sector, etc.)
- Beginners of IT sector
- Specialists working in the field of IT
- Anyone wishing to receive basic and specialized technical education in the field of IT
To participate in the course, the applicant must have the necessary minimum knowledge and skills:
- Computer skills
- Intermediate level of English
- Basic knowledge of network technologies
Before the start of the course, the applicants’ knowledge will be assessed through an online test.
The online admission test will consist of 20 questions (12 in Armenian and 8 in English). The passing score of the test will be 50 and more for the participants registered in Yerevan, but 45 and more for participants from the regions and Artsakh Republic. At least one of the English questions must be completed correctly.
Head of Cybersecurity
Head of Information Security
Senior System Administrator