Project “Labor Action: Collaborative Effort for Accountable and Inclusive Employment”
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Work Type: Office work
Start Date: 20 October 2021
Deadline: 15 October 2021
Duration and terms:
In-house, with 3-12 months’ duration, and additional bug-fix requirement for the following 12 months.
Job description: For creation of the “Labor rights oversight e-management platform” UEICT is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the team of highly qualified experts.
Scope of work
- Determining and defining clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for all team members
- Researching and evaluating hardware and software technology options for the project; Establishing and implementing training processes for all technical personnel if needed;
- Prioritizing tasks as the project progresses;
- Holding regular team meetings to help address any questions or challenges regarding the project;
- Decision-making and supervising teams;
- Ensure team members function to the best of their abilities;
- Help colleagues gel together as team players;
- Cultivate a flexible mindset;
- Develop solutions to problems;
- Keep everyone working towards the same goal.
Required qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in management or computing-related field;
- Proficient knowledge of Management Systems and software development life cycle;
- A clear understanding of the Project Management processes, strategies and methods;
- A sense of personal accountability;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Proficient skills in analyzing, planning and developing scheduled projects;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to be able to predict challenges and obstacles;
- Have a great knack for working with people.
- At least 10 years in project management, in software development/programming sector is a plus,
- Management of at least 30 local and international projects, similar by the scope and nature,
- Experience in managing 10+ technical team.
Required candidate level: Senior level
Interested candidates who meets the above mentioned requirements and eager to join the Company are welcome to send required documents mentioned below to email: Info@ueict.org, and cc email@example.com. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of the email.
- CVs and copies of the diplomas/certificates mentioned in the CVs
The qualifications and experience of the expert must clearly match the requirements indicated above.
(2) Documentary evidence of the professional experience
Copies of the job/service contracts or any other relevant documents proving sufficient experience of the expert.
(3) Reference letters if any.
If an expert does not meet the minimum requirements for qualification and skills and professional experience he/she will not be shortlisted. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.
Additional Information: The short version of the Terms of Reference of “Labor rights oversight e-management platform” is attached.
About the Project: “Labor Action: Collaborative Effort for Accountable and Inclusive Employment” Project is co-funded by the European Union and implemented by the Union of Employers of ICT (UEICT) in partnership with the “Armavir Development Center” NGO and “Kiraki Development Foundation”. Project aims at strengthening the protection of labor rights in Armenia by:
- Enabling data innovations and cross-sectoral partnership for better observance of labour standards at all levels;
- Enhance the capacity of civil society organizations and community active groups to carry shadow monitoring of labour rights observance in private and public sectors;
- Enhancing the capacity of national and local government bodies to ensure compliance with labour laws;
- Increasing awareness of wider population on labour standards and employment related rights in Armenia.
In the frames of the Project the Consortium, in partnership with the Ministry of Social and Labor Affairs and in close collaboration with the Health and Labor Inspectorate of Armenia, suggests a transformative solution towards increased transparency and accountability of labor rights in Armenia. It is planned to develop an electronic labor rights oversight platform (e-labor platform) by digitizing and automating the main functions of labor inspection, as well as to bring added-value there.
Currently, the risks associated with labor law violations are calculated and formed manually based on a checklist. The platform will enable the creation of a national employers’ risk map, based on which the inspectorate will carry out labor rights oversight functions. The smart risk map is the first of its kind, and it will generate dynamic data on the risks that arise in the field of labor rights over time.
Moreover, the platform will include standard employment contracts for the most problematic sectors so far: trade, services, mining, which will help both employers and employees to check whether the contract with them contains the minimum clauses required by law.
Investing e-hlib system, which will be a system of registration of inspections, administrative proceedings on the basis of complaints, and/or on its own initiative, inspection of the implementation of orders issued, the program will allow to improve the internal capacities of the Inspection Body, on the one hand, and, to carry out more accountable and transparent oversight over the economic entities, on the other hand.